- Year: 2018
- Make: Airstream
- Model: Interstate Grand Tour Ext
- Length: 24
- Condition: Excellent
- Country: United States
- State or Province: Texas
- City: Austin
- Zip/Postal Code: 78704
- Type of Sale: Private Seller (Individual)
- Phone (Optional): 5125746652
- Listed: September 12, 2019 11:00 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: SaltyDogs10
- Member Since: June 22, 2019
Other items listed by SaltyDogs10
- No other ads by this poster found.
2018 Airstream Interstate Grand Tour Ext *4×4*
Purchased two months ago and WE LOVE IT. The absolute only reason we are selling it is we have decided to upgrade to a 2020 Airstream Atlas. We have taken two long trips so far and just need the additional space as we have large furry kids that travel with us.
If you are looking for an Interstate you are likely already familiar with majority of technical specifications (or you can go to airstream.com for all of them). So, I won’t list them all here.
However, here are some key items to consider for our Insterstate:
Price: Let’s get down to it on the important stuff. We have this priced to move quickly. We could likely get more, but want to minimize back and forth. It’s a very fair price for this unit.
– Mileage: Had ~15,000 when we bought it. Now has ~18,600. Our first trip was from Texas to upstate New York, so it did great and has definitely been road tested. Sub 20K is low mileage for a 2018.
– 4×4: This is a big deal. 4×4’s are highly sought after and I searched for 5 months to find one. This is a big advantage especially for all you travelers/campers out there considering time spent off the beaten path. Plus, the higher clearance is also really nice (additional 4 inches) and has already come in handy on our recent trips (no dragging in rear, no issues in steeper spots, etc..)
– Color: Silver on outside and oyster ultra leather on inside. It’s everyone’s favorite color combination for a reason. Outside looks great and inside the lighter scheme makes the space feel so much larger and brighter.
– AGM Batteries: Trust me, you need them. And, ours has them. No worries here.
– Service: Just went through it’s first service at our local Mercedes dealer. $650 service and all is great.
– Bathroom: Ours is immaculate. As a female, I know how important this is so it’s worth listing. Our tanks have been immaculately kept and consistently flushed as well as I have OCD around this particular area. No smells inside which is really important in such a small space.
– Cool Ad-On’s: We have four cool add-on’s you should consider as you shop around for an interstate.
(1) Bike Rack: We have the actual interstate specific bike rack which mounts on the unit. Super cool and easily carries two bikes.
(2) Cell Phone Booster: We work while we travel. So, we wanted to ensure we had this installed. It works great especially if you want to hotspot from time to time to catch up on emails, etc.. We have been in some rural spots and don’t have issues with cell phone signal.
(3) Window Tint: We live in Texas and it’s HOT. We had the the side AND windshield tinted the first week we bought it. I swear it makes it 15 degrees cooler in the cockpit and so much easier to cool down when getting ready to go. $1000 value in tinting.
(4) Custom curtains in cock-pit: Ours has the custom curtains with rail in the cockpit. Basically, they stack behind the driver/passenger seat and then you pull them around at night or when you want privacy. They are awesome .. no more putting the “sun shade” up with you park at night.
– Any issues?: Really no. I had a tank heater pad start to peel off one of the tanks, but they are just glued on and Camper Clinic is repairing (it’s common). Other than that, this thing is awesome.
Honestly, I hate to sell this Interstate. I searched a long time for the perfect one and if I was going to stay in an Interstate this is absolutely the one. But, we need the extra space so here we are … I have attached some pictures and am happy to send more detailed ones if you would like to see something not shown in the pics.
Here is a video our sales person sent us of the unit before we bought it (yes, this is our actual unit .. he’s a good salesperson) : https://youtu.be/TvCInHmtpNQ
Feel free to call or text and I am happy to answer any additional questions as well. I think this one will probably go fast.
Other Similar Ad Listings
Using The Classifieds
Buying or selling an Airstream? We can help. The AIR classifieds are free and offered as a membership benefit. Any AIR member may post an ad at no cost. Our c...
If you are using our classifieds to buyer please take a moment to read this article for Tips, FAQs and other resources to assist your shopping experience.Tips f...
Tips for Sellers: Prepare your rig for sale. Clean it, take photos, locate all the paperwork and set a price. AIR is not an auction site (like e-bay) but r...