- Year: 2017
- Make: Airstream
- Model: Flying Cloud
- Length: 26
- Condition: Excellent
- Country: United States
- State or Province: Washington
- City: Kent
- Zip/Postal Code: 98042
- Type of Sale: Private Seller (Individual)
- Listed: May 23, 2019 3:35 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: DannyClark
- Member Since: September 8, 2017
Other items listed by DannyClark
- No other ads by this poster found.
We’re selling one of the most desirable Airstream models to come out of their factory in Jackson Center, OH. Up for sale is one 2017 Airstream 26RB, better known as a 26U. These units are revered for having what’s arguably the most useful and efficient floor plans available in an Airstream. It’s “U” shaped dinette with multi-size table allows plenty of versatility for any range of scenarios from dinning to computer work or even comfortable viewing of the HD TV. Also, the 26U is known for its sizeable bathroom with a shower large enough for an adult male to stand fully, and turn around! The shower even has a seat! Now if you’ve never owned a travel trailer before this might not sound exciting, but in the Airstream world it’s quite a luxury lol. The unit also has a macerating toilet to minimize any downstream complications, another nice feature. The Galley has a large sink, plenty of drawers and cupboards, as well as a microwave neatly tucked away in the pantry area. The Pantry flows nicely rearward offering a whole wall of storage cupboards both above and below the refrigerator. The bedroom offers a queen bed with underbed storage, another television, overhead storage, and a sizable closet. There’s even a corner nightstand with two drawers under the second HD TV. This Airstream has a massive amount of storage. Also, there’s still a year left on the factory warranty!
Here’s a list of Key Features with a link to the Model on Airstreams Website:
-Pre-wired for solar.
-DUAL AC! The climate control on this Airstream is phenomenal.
*I’ve had two MicroAir EasyStarts installed on the AC’s. This allows both units to be run from 30 amp service or even a quality 3000kw generator! ($600 plus labor)
-50 amp electrical service. I won’t get into the math, but this allows for a massive amount of simultaneous electrical device utilization. This is a huge plus in today’s modern world of electrical do-dads and gizmo’s.
– I installed a much better coupler on the trailer. If you do a youtube search for “coupler damage” you’ll see that certain manufacturers that airstream uses have a problem with weak connection points. The other reason I did this was so that we could utilize the Anderson No-Sway trailer hitch system. ($100 plus labor-welding)
-Anderson No-Sway trailer hitch included! This is the cleanest, quietest, and easiest to use weight distribution hitch available. It worked fantastically for us and I’d purchase one again vs. anything else available. It’s a simple and effective hitch. ($500 plus labor)
– We installed the Victron BMV-712 Battery Monitor. This thing is great at keeping an eye on your battery supply and even works from any Bluetooth connected device. ($200 plus labor)
– Maxx Air Deluxe fan with Remote: We replaced the basic fantastic fan that came with the Airstream when we bought it new for a few reasons. The remote is nice, the fan has an integrated automatic cover that raises and closes with use. Another thing we liked is the wide range of speeds and the “ceiling fan” feature which reverses the fan direction and is great for pushing the heat back down to the floor. $350 plus labor)
– A Back up Camera is installed. We chose a well-reviewed unit that’s wireless and sends the video to an app on our phone or ipad. It’s a very handy and easy to use system. ($300 plus labor)
-We installed additional insulation in all the exterior compartments. We noticed in the cooler months dramatic drafts emanating from these areas, so with some quality foam panel insulation, aluminum tape and time, we sealed those up! Now it stays warmer in autumn and cooler in summer plus looks factory to boot!
-A 3” Dexter Axle lift kit was installed. As you can read about, these trailers ride low. Great for reduced drag, not so great for clearance, especially at gas stations or sloping driveways. We actually had a small bumper bender pulling out of a gas station and that was all the convincing I needed to correct the issue. Now it’s riding a little higher, and no change in handling characteristics or gas mileage was noted. ($200 plus labor)
-My Wife is also leaving her custom-made curtains installed for you. We wanted something with some color and personality, so she hand made some beauties. The original drab ones are of course included if you prefer those.
-upgraded the poorly designed “pancake” TV antnenna with a Winegard Razer. Much better reception.
($100 plus labor)
-BAL 25100 Air Exchanger has been installed. Basically, especially in cooler months, there’s considerable condensation that occurs in our “wet” northwest climate. This is a very nice unit that takes the damp moisture laden air from inside, and exchanges it with fresh air from outside, all while maintaining the interior temperature. ($300 plus labor)
In summary, we’ve got a well equipped from the factory Airstream, with all the nagging little details everyone ends up re-doing, already done for you. This Airstream also has very low mileage on it, as the longest trip we’ve taken with it was around to Port Angeles! My wife and I were laughing as we’ve had it two years, and it’s never even left Washington. It’s not new, but considering the low mileage and nice additional features, I’d argue with anyone it’s actually better than new.
If you made it this far, thanks for looking. Serious inquiries only. No Low Ballers. We know what we’ve got and what it’s worth. If you disagree, you’re welcome to provide evidence otherwise:-). When you reply to this post, put “TWINKIE” in the subject line of your email or we’ll assume it’s spam.
Other Similar Ad Listings
Using The Classifieds
Buying or selling an Airstream? We can help. The AIR classifieds are free and offered as a membership benefit. Any AIR member may post an ad at no cost. Our c...
If you are using our classifieds to buyer please take a moment to read this article for Tips, FAQs and other resources to assist your shopping experience.Tips f...
Tips for Sellers: Prepare your rig for sale. Clean it, take photos, locate all the paperwork and set a price. AIR is not an auction site (like e-bay) but r...