- Year: 2009
- Make: Airstream
- Model: International
- Length: 28
- Condition: Great
- Country: United States
- State or Province: California
- City: Mentone
- Zip/Postal Code: 92359
- Type of Sale: Private Seller (Individual)
- Listed: July 28, 2018 10:15 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: gecko
- Member Since: December 21, 2009
Other items listed by gecko
RARE INTERNATIONAL OCEAN BREEZE 28’-SOLD-BUT 2013 SPRINTER 3500 TOW VEHICLE NOW AVAILABLE!
The Mercedes Sprinter 3500 diesel 1-ton with duallies is rated to tow 7500 lbs and was ordered direct from factory with many luxury upgrades, then sent to Mercedes approved up fitter to do even more. She is a beautiful luxury SUV and a perfect complement to Airstreams up to 28 feet. Some pics here, but happy to send you more and much more detail if you’re interested. With only 47,000 miles and a transferable 7 yr/100,000 Mercedes warranty and brand new Michelins, she’s perfect, but having moved to Maui and sold the Airstream, we have nothing to tow!
***Sold Airstream copy***
We are the original owners of Airstream’s most beautiful 2009 28’ International Ocean Breeze, famous for its light and airy interior. After 8 seasons of “Seeing More…Doing more…Living More” we remodeled the interior seating and drapes in November 2016. Our original dream was to replace the existing fabrics with the same fabric used by Airstream when we purchased the coach. However, these fabrics were no longer available so the front gaucho and midship dinette were re-upholstered with white ultraleather over Airstream’s latest technology for thicker memory foam seating, and the drapes were upgraded to a tropical-themed fabric of palm fronds with white and fuchsia tropical flowers on vivid blue background.
In January 2017 we decided to move to Maui to be close to our family. The newly refreshed trailer was briefly used for a 2-week stay at Malibu Beach RV resort. Our Airstream and tow vehicle, a 2013 Mercedes Sprinter 3500 Custom Van in matching silver, have been in covered storage since near Redlands, California.
From 2009 through 2016 we traveled in our Airstream 3-5 months each year, going to our favorite windsurfing sites throughout the southwestern states and the Pacific northwest. Our coach was equipped for extended periods of boon docking giving us incredible flexibility for campsites. And our current tow-vehicle (a 2013 Mercedes Sprinter 3500 Cargo Van) easily powered us through steep mountain passes (most notably through the 10,000 foot passes of the San Juan mountains between Durango and Telluride, Colorado) while giving us smooth, stable rides on Texas highways traveling at high-speeds navigating through a constant flow of 18-wheelers as well as the less-traveled 2-lane, narrow, curvy state highways.
Each year our Airstream was updated with the latest improvements we liked that Airstream was offering in the current-year new models for the International Series. Our Airstream was carefully inspected and serviced annually–whether it needed it or not. We obtained service from our dealer initially until they closed, then at the renowned C&G Airstream located in Bellflower, California, who has been servicing Airstreams exclusively for 40 years. The coach received careful exterior cleaning and protective waxing on a yearly basis and the entire interior aluminum shell and cabinet surfaces and counters have been waxed twice annually.
Our coach includes the following features:
• Factory added built in convection/microwave oven
• Factory installed 3-awning package (included in the Ocean Breeze series but optional in some new AS models)
• Factory added optional double Fantastic Vent fans
• Factory added bedroom thermostat control
• Factory installed solar/inverter with these upgrades:
– Replaced 2 AGM Lifeline 12 volt batteries with 4 AGM 6 volt batteries for twice the storage capacity and increased longevity-440 amp battery bank for extended boon docking
– Doubled the number of solar panels, more than doubling capacity
– Replaced single stage factory solar charger with top of the line BlueSky MPPT controller which added 50% more to the effectiveness of the upgraded solar array.
• Factory wheels and tires upgraded recently from 15” to matching 16” wheels and top of the line Michelin tires for longevity. Style matches originals and preserves original look of the coach.
• Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) added to all four wheels for monitoring from the tow vehicle
• Equalizr 4-pt hitch with weight distribution and anti-sway included—easy to use and very effective.
• All Halogen lights upgraded to warm LED’s with special filters to surpass current new Airstream interior lights
• Dimmer switches for interior lights added to update to new Airstream specs
• Weather station (Peet Bros) with large color coordinated for Airstream “Weather Picture” display on bulkhead under TV gives current outside temp, highest temp of the day, temp with wind chill factor, current wind velocity, average wind velocity over 5 minutes, and more.
The November 2016 interior remodel added the new cushion shapes and memory foam offered in new Airstreams (built from factory supplied templates.) The ultraleather used for the seating areas was ordered direct from UltraLeather and is of superior quality to the ultraleather being used by Airstream in the International Serenity. All drapes were upgraded with new fabric and a heavier light-blocking liner for better sleep.
The Coach interior is now a perfect blend of the best of the Serenity and Ocean Breeze International designs, and has seen service for only two weeks before being put into covered storage.
Our coach is completely road ready with fun, colorful tableware, drink ware, stainless utensils and cookware. Our coach also includes a blue Napoleon 2-burner high temp grill selected to fit into “basement” storage (so you don’t have to carry in tow vehicle), basic supplementary tool kits, lightweight camp chairs (designed for mountaineering) that you can lift with a finger but will hold up to 300 lbs and disassemble quickly to fit in 4”x4”x12” bags for easy basement storage, and Anderson levelers. And more!
We are weight saving fanatics, and our latest weigh-in for the 6100 lb dry weight/max weight 7300 lbs coach was 6980lbs fully loaded with the extra (heavy!) batteries, tools, clothes, bedding, groceries including beverages, bottled water, and 1/4 fresh tank filled.
Our coach is being offered at $54,450, as described above. Showings will be scheduled as requested subject to a $1,500.00 refundable deposit. We will travel from Maui to show our coach in person for motivated buyers.
Other Similar Ad Listings
Using The Classifieds
Buying or selling an Airstream? We can help. The AIR classifieds are free and offered as a membership benefit. Any AIR member may post an ad at no cost. Our c...
If you are using our classifieds to buyer please take a moment to read this article for Tips, FAQs and other resources to assist your shopping experience.Tips f...
Tips for Sellers: Prepare your rig for sale. Clean it, take photos, locate all the paperwork and set a price. AIR is not an auction site (like e-bay) but r...