- Year: 1987
- Make: Airstream
- Model: Sovereign
- Length: 25
- Condition: Great
- Country: United States
- State or Province: Connecticut
- City: Stamford
- Type of Sale: Private Seller (Individual)
- Listed: July 17, 2015 11:22 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: ExcellaCT
- Member Since: July 17, 2015
Other items listed by ExcellaCT
- No other ads by this poster found.
We’re very sadly selling our Airstream, Joan Rivers.
She’s a 25ft 1987 Sovereign with a center bath and a rear bed.
We’ve only had her for a year, and we’ve worked our butts off on her in that time. We were planning to live on her full-time for at least three years, but our dog Maggie got glaucoma and needs to be near medical attention, and Maggie’s the best, so we’re shifting back into normal life so we can get her the help she needs.
The most life-changing improvement we’ve made to Joan is installing a $7,000 solar system that means you can live off-grid. Like, really:
– Magnum Inverter, 2,800 watt.
– 4 x Lifeline 6-volt 220 amp-hour batteries.
– 5 x 100-watt AM Solar GS100 solar panels.
– Blue Sky Energy solar boost controller (http://www.amsolar.com/home/amr/page_213_14/solar_boost_3024il_mppt.html).
This is the kind of kit you need to actually be independent of electric hookups for extended periods.
Other amenities include:
– New oak floor.
– New Dometic propane/electric fridge/freezer, installed in November.
– New on-demand water heater, installed in February. (PrecisionTemp RV-550.)
– Two new Fantastic Fan vents.
– New stainless-steel kitchen and bathroom countertops (mounted on wood to keep them lightweight).
– New Ramblewood dual-burner electric-ignition stove.
– Zip dee awnings on both sides and back, all in great condition.
– A/C works great.
– New custom-made dinette with built-in storage underneath and denim upholstery.
– New Nature’s Head composting toilet, so you don’t need a sewage hookup.
– We’re throwing in our WiFi Ranger antenna with WiFiGo box. It worked wonders for us. You’ll pick up WiFi signal WAY better; it creates a secure network and also allows for USB tethering a 3G/4G Aircard or MiFi.
– Also throwing in our super-duper heavy-duty tow hitch.
– Tires are just over a year old; we had them and the axles checked in February and they’re doing great.
She’s a West Coast baby, so the weather has been kind to her. We bought her in California, where she’d lived her whole life until we drove her across country this spring. We’re the third owners and have the full, clean title.
You’ll see from the pics that we weren’t quite done with her, but she’s totally livable as she is—we’ve been living on her for the best part of a year. She needs a bed frame. And the shower needs a little paint and a shower curtain. There’s no big oven: we’ve been using a toaster oven and it’s worked out fine. And the previous owner bent the entry steps so they don’t fold down. We’ll throw in the step stool we’ve been using. There’s also one dent on the front, which was there when we bought her. Otherwise she’s in really good shape. We’ve basically done all the hard work and there’s just a little left to finish. We’re totally bummed that we can’t continue with our adventure, and hope to find a good home for our girl Joan.
Other Similar Ad Listings
Using The Classifieds
Buying or selling an Airstream? We can help. The AIR classifieds are free and offered as a membership benefit. Any AIR member may post an ad at no cost. Our c...
If you are using our classifieds to buyer please take a moment to read this article for Tips, FAQs and other resources to assist your shopping experience.Tips f...
Tips for Sellers: Prepare your rig for sale. Clean it, take photos, locate all the paperwork and set a price. AIR is not an auction site (like e-bay) but r...