- Year: 1975
- Make: Airstream
- Model: Argosy 26
- Length: 26
- Condition: Excellent
- Country: United States
- State or Province: Maryland
- City: Baltimore
- Zip/Postal Code: 21215
- Type of Sale: Private Seller (Individual)
- Phone (Optional): 240 727 8327
- Listed: October 28, 2019 6:53 pm
- Expires: 71 days
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: bderlan
- Member Since: April 9, 2019
Other items listed by bderlan
- No other ads by this poster found.
In the time I have been living in this sweet rig full time (for the past six months,) I keep finding new reasons to love it. Here are a few:
1) Chevy 454 engine with less than 52,000 miles runs like a dream.
2) The entire automotive system in general is in great shape.
-New tires, no rust on chassis, transmission works well, new thermostat.
3) All interior appliances work like the day they came from the factory (stove, fridge, etc.)
4) The entire thing is basically all-original, down to the owner’s manual, except for upgrades in the form of new inverter some wiring (done well by previous owner). This give it a complete 70s character, which is lovely; not with ugly renovations, or falling apart like may other Argosy motorhomes you may come across. Collectors, period-piece 70s era film makers, and aesthetically-minded will appreciate.
5) One of the best Argosy floor plans and sizes! Bathroom on the side rather than taking up the entire back window. Two twin beds in back with dining table option for a fold down full bed up front for total sleeping of 3-4. Nice galley, and the twin beds also function as a large fold out dining table.
The rough spots:
– Front passenger windshield is cracked. It hasn’t expanded since I’ve had it, and doesn’t leak, (so doesn’t bother me) but you may want it replaced.
-Furnace blower won’t turn on (lights fine, makes ‘click’, but won’t blow air; my hunch is the thermostat, potentially just a 20 dollar fix!) I am working on this currently, so hopefully I can get it up and running.
I hate to see it go, but my girlfriend and I have been talking about moving in together for a while and now the time has come. Comes with the original owner’s manual, clean title with historic registration in Maryland. I would love an excuse to drive it across the country so if you’re interested in delivery, I’d be glad to discuss!
I’m glad to answer any questions, and give you some pointers on full-time living if that is something you’re considering.
Serious inquiries only. Comes with free house plant upon purchase
All the best,
Contact the Seller
You must be logged in to inquire about this ad.Not a Member? Register Now
Other Similar Ad Listings
Using The Classifieds
Buying or selling an Airstream? We can help. The AIR classifieds are free and offered as a membership benefit. Any AIR member may post an ad at no cost. Our c...
If you are using our classifieds to buyer please take a moment to read this article for Tips, FAQs and other resources to assist your shopping experience.Tips f...
Tips for Sellers: Prepare your rig for sale. Clean it, take photos, locate all the paperwork and set a price. AIR is not an auction site (like e-bay) but r...