- Year: 1974
- Make: Airstream
- Model: Overlander
- Length: 27
- Condition: Good
- Country: United States
- State or Province: Virginia
- City: Leesburg
- Type of Sale: Private Seller (Individual)
- Listed: March 23, 2018 11:12 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: cecreighton
- Member Since: September 11, 2014
Other items listed by cecreighton
Center Bath/Rear Bedroom
I purchased the airstream about three and a half years ago. It was in rough shape. The previous owner had “fixed” the rear end sag with 2x4s and done a poor job replacing the rotting flooring as a result of the sag.
Where I am storing it now, I have the ability to work on it from time to time but starting a new business has not allowed me much time or the resources to get it to the point that I would like.
It is titled in my name and registration is up to date.
Perfect for someone looking to do the finishing touches and use as a blank canvas for whatever you would like! No surprises that might find on an all original trailer.
What has been done:
• The frame was professionally repaired by a very good welding company who has done many airstream repairs. From the axles back the frame was either replaced, reinforced or repaired. Any outriggers that were damaged were replaced. This solved the rear end sag
• The entire frame was coated with POR-15 rust protection.
• New axles were ordered and installed with new brakes.
• New shocks
• New wheels, tires with less than 100 miles on them.
• After the previous move to where it is parked now, all the seams have been sealed.
• The clear coat was removed.
• About 80% has been polished, not to a perfect mirror.
• I have only opened the awning once, but it looked great, unrolled, and deployed perfectly.
• Everything was removed to install new flooring coated with waterproofing sealant.
• Interior walls were removed.
• Original pink insulation was removed and walls were cleaned.
• 80% of new Reflectix insulation has been installed. The remaining is there, but I have not been able to check all the electrical yet.
• New LED running lights installed all the way around.
• The AC worked but was not installed very well by whomever the PO hired and it seems like it could use to be replaced.
The belly pan has been removed along with the under insulation. I still have the original pieces to make new pieces.
Parts that would be included
• New converter
• 12v water pump
• Window gaskets for all windows
• Loads of rivets of all sizes
• Many original parts
• All original tanks (they have been cleaned)
• All the exterior trim and interior pieces
• Weight Distribution Stabilizer hitch
• Two new 12 volt fans (did not get around to installing yet)
• Dewalt Buffer and some compound
• Air compressor powered rivet gun
• Loads of other parts and material that one might need
• Propane tank housing
Currently, there are no gas lines or plumbing run.
I have rerun most of the 12-volt wiring.
Now that I am looking to sell I have not finished the insulation or redone the 115 wiring in case someone else wanted to replace those. As I have time I am going to continue to do what I can, and will update the progress.
Other Similar Ad Listings
Using The Classifieds
Buying or selling an Airstream? We can help. The AIR classifieds are free and offered as a membership benefit. Any AIR member may post an ad at no cost. Our c...
If you are using our classifieds to buyer please take a moment to read this article for Tips, FAQs and other resources to assist your shopping experience.Tips f...
Tips for Sellers: Prepare your rig for sale. Clean it, take photos, locate all the paperwork and set a price. AIR is not an auction site (like e-bay) but r...