- Year: 1973
- Make: Airstream
- Model: Safari
- Length: 23
- Condition: Great
- Country: United States
- State or Province: Oregon
- City: Portland
- Zip/Postal Code: 97232
- Type of Sale: Private Seller (Individual)
- Listed: April 25, 2015 12:44 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: robsuper
- Member Since: March 9, 2006
Other items listed by robsuper
- No other ads by this poster found.
This is a complete gut-and-rebuild of a dark and tired, albeit highly functional,1970’s interior layout. The underlying design brief was to:
1) use some of the “hot” materials of the1930s (aluminum, vinyl, light woods…) that were used in many early, custom Airstreams, to
2) recreate a light, airy, open-plan space honoring the spirit of Modernism, and
3) to do so while achieving high efficiency by installing the best available contemporary heating, electrical etc systems.
Following the completed remodel the trailer was twice exhibited by invitation at the Palm Springs ModernismWeek (2011 & 2012).
The original exterior, in good condition, is a candidate for polishing.
In addition to the original Owner’s Manual and 1973 Airstream Service Manual, we include diagrams of new wiring and plumbing, manuals for installed equipment, etc.
Also included in the sale are the full compliment of cookware, kitchen utensils, flatware, tableware and RV-specific bedding (the excellent but no longer available “Travasaks”), hook-up bits for the Hensley Hitch, etc.
* * *
We are also selling our perfectly-matched and fully tricked-out-for-towing low-milage 1999 Ford F-150 Supercab pickup.
Full details (photos, slide show, list of work performed, a travelogue of our last trip, contact info, and a bit more information on the optional tow vehicle can be downloaded from Dropbox at:
Other Similar Ad Listings
Using The Classifieds
Buying or selling an Airstream? We can help. The AIR classifieds are free and offered as a membership benefit. Any AIR member may post an ad at no cost. Our c...
If you are using our classifieds to buyer please take a moment to read this article for Tips, FAQs and other resources to assist your shopping experience.Tips f...
Tips for Sellers: Prepare your rig for sale. Clean it, take photos, locate all the paperwork and set a price. AIR is not an auction site (like e-bay) but r...