- Year: 1971
- Make: Airstream
- Model: Overlander
- Length: 27
- Condition: Excellent
- Country: United States
- State or Province: Kansas
- City: Kansas City
- Zip/Postal Code: 66112
- Type of Sale: Private Seller (Individual)
- Phone (Optional): 9135235161
- Listed: March 31, 2019 8:16 pm
- Expires: 10 days, 6 hours
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: Shermy1987
- Member Since: July 5, 2018
Other items listed by Shermy1987
- No other ads by this poster found.
This is the ultimate off grid livable Airstream
Professional total shell off renovation completed in September 2018. No expense was spared. We have well over $30 000 in receipts and logged nearly 2000 hours of build time. It has been professionally appraised at $70 000.
If you’re in the market for an RV that will get places RV’s of similar size wont, is extremely light weight for it’s size, has enough solar power to never run a generator, doesn’t need taking to a dump station, lasts two months on a tank of propane in winter instead of one week and will appreciate in value instead of depreciate then look no further.
This Airstream is priced to sell. If Off grid RVing isn’t your cup of tea, at this price you could easily add a roof top A/C unit (it has a window unit which can be powered with a generator) or make modifications to suit different needs. Just to have a new subfloor and insulation installed at a shop can run in the vicinity of $35000 which is almost the same value of all the new components we have installed.
This Airstream was taken back to the bones. The shell was removed and we restored everything back to new condition from the ground up. At around 4300 LBS it is lighter than when it came out of the factory and has been designed for 4 seasons off grid living/travelling. This Airstream is ready to last another 40 years
Here is a comprehensive list of what has been done.
• Re sealed and re polished body
• New window and door gaskets throughout
• Rust free sanded and re painted frame
• New floor
• New raised axles to provide extra ground clearance
• New holding tanks
• New fenders
• New wiring and lights
• Re commissioned propane tanks
• New awning fabric and reconditioned awning hardware
• New low VOC vinyl flooring
• New insulation
• New PEX plumbing
• All new wiring
• New fantastic fans
• Industrial latex semigloss painted interior
• New floor plan with center bath
• Rear queen size bed with under storage
• Jack knife sofa in front that unfolds into a bed
• New Dometic range
• New 120v refrigerator/freezer
• Bluetooth stereo system
• Strong lightweight design using frame and skin or ½ inch plywood construction
• Oak countertops
• All new fitments, cabinetry, sinks, shower etc. Everything except the walls is new
• Track mate GPS tracker
Off Grid updates
• New tankless hot water heater
• Heated holding tanks and exterior plumbing
• PEX plumbing ran almost entirely within interior to prevent freezing
• Dickenson marine wood stove
• Aqua pure water filter
• Composting toilet
• Electric refrigerator/freezer cuts propane usage by about 70%
• Propane quick connect port and ventless propane heater
• New window mountable A/C unit that can be ran with portable generator
The Solar system
This Airstream has one of the largest solar arrays you will ever see!!
• 720W tiltable solar array
• 200Ah lithium battery bank giving 180AH of usable power. The capacity is about equal to about 400ah of lead acid batteries
• 1500/3000W pure sine wave inverter
• Victronics Bluetooth solar charge controller and battery monitor
• Progressive dynamics 80 amp lithium ion converter charger
• New automatic transfer switch
This is just some of the updates. There is too much to list. Feel free to ask more questions or request more pictures. We have a baby on the way and need to sell our dream home as new
plans have arisen.
We’re wiling to help ship and take to an RV center of your choice for a professional inspection before purchasing. Price is negotiable.
Contact the Seller
You must be logged in to inquire about this ad.Not a Member? Register Now
Other Similar Ad Listings
Using The Classifieds
Buying or selling an Airstream? We can help. The AIR classifieds are free and offered as a membership benefit. Any AIR member may post an ad at no cost. Our c...
If you are using our classifieds to buyer please take a moment to read this article for Tips, FAQs and other resources to assist your shopping experience.Tips f...
Tips for Sellers: Prepare your rig for sale. Clean it, take photos, locate all the paperwork and set a price. AIR is not an auction site (like e-bay) but r...