- Year: 1968
- Make: Airstream
- Model: Caravel
- Length: 17
- Condition: Excellent
- Country: United States
- State or Province: Arizona
- City: Tucson
- Type of Sale: Private Seller (Individual)
- Phone (Optional): 802-877-2900 x3
- Listed: September 10, 2017 12:55 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: rluhr
- Member Since: April 12, 2003
Other items listed by rluhr
- No other ads by this poster found.
This trailer has been fully refurbished from frame up. All of the structural work was done by Colin Hyde in New York. This was a quality restoration over several years, and priority was on making the trailer as solid, reliable, and authentic as practical.
The interior was gutted and floor/ exterior walls were partially removed for this deep restoration. The frame was sandblasted and coated with POR-15. No expense was spared.
Many new parts, including:
1. Complete new interior furniture, duplicating the original with birch
2. Dexter axle and complete brakes
3. Alclad aluminum on the curbside, buck-riveted
4. upholstery fabric and foam
5. new 27 gallon fresh water tank
6. 39 gallon gray tank!
7. Marmoleum flooring and countertops
8. plywood subfloor and fiberglass belly pan insulation
9. complete plumbing system: PEX plumbing with shutoff values, water pump, dump valves, water inlet, kitchen faucet, winterization drain, etc.
10. large Group 31 AGM battery (Sept 2017)
11. Intellipower converter
12. lighted DC fuse panel
13. bathroom refreshed with new gelcoat, new shower curtain
14. new appliances throughout: toilet, refrigerator, catalytic heater, Fantastic Vent, propane regulator
15. electric hitch jack
16. LED light bulbs in original fixtures
17. period-correct entry door lock with custom padlock
18. 30# aluminum propane tanks
19. custom diamond-plate steel spare tire holder
20. 18-gallon black tank (original, refurbished)
21. custom window eyebrows
22. Coleman Mach high-efficiency air conditioner (runs on a 15 amp outlet!)
23. new spare tire (Sept 2017)
24. new Tekonsha wireless brake controller
… and many more minor upgrades and tweaks. Curtains are not currently installed but we kept the tracks so that they can be if you want.
Exterior has been polished with Nuvite.
The trailer also comes with spare curved window glass from Airstream, the original vinyl bathroom door, chrome wheel trim rings & hubcaps, a Megahitch Lock, and various spare parts.
This was our first Airstream, and was the inspiration for Airstream Life magazine back in 2003. Selling only because we aren’t using the Caravel enough and we need to free up some parking space.
Serious inquiries only please: email@example.com or 802-877-2900 x3
Using The Classifieds
Buying or selling an Airstream? We can help. The AIR classifieds are free and offered as a membership benefit. Any AIR member may post an ad at no cost. Our c...
If you are using our classifieds to buyer please take a moment to read this article for Tips, FAQs and other resources to assist your shopping experience.Tips f...
Tips for Sellers: Prepare your rig for sale. Clean it, take photos, locate all the paperwork and set a price. AIR is not an auction site (like e-bay) but r...