- Year: 1966
- Make: Airstream
- Model: Tradewind
- Length: 24
- Condition: Excellent
- Country: United States
- State or Province: New Mexico
- City: Albuquerque
- Zip/Postal Code: 87123
- Type of Sale: Private Seller (Individual)
- Listed: June 10, 2019 10:49 am
- Expires: 13 days, 4 hours
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: Alumaholic
- Member Since: November 29, 2005
Other items listed by Alumaholic
The sweetest towing Airstream we have ever owned. Refurbished and renovated with the design goal of keeping the vintage floorplan and feel, while incorporating all the advantages of a new Airstream, like the following:
• New axles with permanently lubricated bearings and new brakes.
• New tires
• New belly pan and new under floor foam board insulation
• New bathroom subfloor
• New toilet, vanity, cabinets, shower stall and pan
• New 26 gallon black and 26 gallon gray water tanks with electronic level indicators and modern dump valves
• New electrical circuit breaker box and 12v fuse box
• New 6 gal propane water heater with electronic ignition and on/off switch at bathroom sink
• New fresh water tank and new water pump
• New PEX plumbing throughout
• New refrigerator, 3-burner propane cooktop, and microwave oven
• New 30k BTU furnace
• New cork plank floor covering
• New mattresses
• New electric tongue jack
• New LED tail lights, marker lights
• Polished exterior
• New Zip Dee awnings: Curbside, Roadside and Rear
In summary: Nothing to fix, everything to enjoy. Ready for another 53 years of “Airstream Adventures.” Weight distribution hitch will convey to new owner along with all hoses and 30 amp extension cord.
A Little History: Purchased new in 1966 by Rawleigh and Edna Tremain, who were Charter Members of the Northern Virginia Unit, WBCCI #9696.Their travels included rallies in West Palm Beach, FL 1968, Eastern Canada Caravan 1969, National Rally Front Royal, VA 1970, National Rally Sugarcreek, OH 1972, International Rally Hershey, PA 1970, and the Mexico Caravan 1970.
Other Similar Ad Listings
Using The Classifieds
Buying or selling an Airstream? We can help. The AIR classifieds are free and offered as a membership benefit. Any AIR member may post an ad at no cost. Our c...
If you are using our classifieds to buyer please take a moment to read this article for Tips, FAQs and other resources to assist your shopping experience.Tips f...
Tips for Sellers: Prepare your rig for sale. Clean it, take photos, locate all the paperwork and set a price. AIR is not an auction site (like e-bay) but r...