- Year: 1963
- Make: Airstream
- Model: Globetrotter
- Length: 19
- Condition: Excellent
- Country: United States
- State or Province: Texas
- City: Fort Worth
- Type of Sale: Private Seller (Individual)
- Listed: September 10, 2016 1:38 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: balance94
- Member Since: November 5, 2013
Other items listed by balance94
- No other ads by this poster found.
1963 Airstream Globetrotter
More photos and video at this dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xjciwz0803hzuhw/AAAkTTDcjjCp1gMu_ShSiRWva?dl=0
VIN 19T-S2320 6306
Fully renovated between 2014-2016 (2-year project). All new axle, suspension, wheels/tires, plumbing and electrical, and onboard tanks. Fresh, modern interior includes new wood flooring, tiled bathroom (light-weight penny tiles with flexible grout), and custom upholstery. Forward sofa converts to a double-size bed, curb-side bench converts to bunk beds (perfect for kids). Full-size hanging closet, multiple overhead cabinets, and bench storage under both sofas. New butcher-block countertops, custom backsplash, and Norcold refrigerator in the galley.
The exterior has a lot of “character,” consistent with a 54-year old trailer. Though all the little flaws are still there, she has been polished to a mirror shine and is stunning to look at. All seams have been sealed with Trempro and all rivets on top individually sealed with acrylic sealant. New window glazing strips all around and new screens throughout.
Things are that new:
– Plumbing system: includes new freshwater holding tank, PEX supply lines, new Sure-Flo pump, new faucets and sinks, and new city water connection
– New Drain/Waste/Vent (ABS) piping with valterra valving/connectors
– Interior electrical system, including new 30A panel with integral DC converter and smart-charger, with inboard deep-cycle marine battery (in sealed, vented compartment). New DC LED light fixtures throughout. GFI ac outlets in bath and galley.
– Atwood water heater—operates on 110v or both
– Norcold N300 Refrigerator—(2-way 110v or propane)
– Fantastic VentTM roof fan with auto-shut rain sensor
– New acrylic “astrodome” vent lid (excellent natural light)
– Gray water waste tank with sump pump for shower
– Combo shower head/hand-shower in bath
– Retractable clothesline in shower
– New Dometic ceramic toilet w/hand sprayer for easy cleaning
– 7-pin trailer wiring connector
– New Dexter Torsion axle (4000 lb rating), complete with new hubs, electric brakes, bearings, and shock absorbers. New axle rated for 4000 lbs.
– New wheels, tires, and baby-moon hubcaps, including a full size spare.
– Whynter ARC-110wd portable AC unit for summer months (11,000 btu; dual exhaust)
– Reconditioned Bargman L100 lockset for the main door
Things we kept (cleaned, refurbished and fully operational):
– Original propane oven (we’ve made perfect biscuits and a mean apple pie!)
– Original propane light fixture
– Original Carlson 6M propane wall furnace
– Original black tank
– Deadbolt lockset installed on main door
– Combination CO/LPG gas alarm hard-wired to DC distribution
– Fire/smoke detector
– Permanent metal First Aid cabinet fully stocked
– Fire extinguisher
– Electronic water leak detectors in 3 plumbing areas
– Sealed battery compartment vented to outside with temperature and voltage display
– Battery Disconnect to divorce it from the DC distribution (for maintenance or storage)
– New electric trailer brakes
– Centromatic wheel balancers
Other Accessories and features:
– Brand new vintage-style awning with new tent poles and cords, stakes, & tensioners.
– New, separate storage tube for san hose
– Spare tire–brand new, mounted on new wheel
– Rock guard for front window (original, complete with battle scars)
– 3 separate exterior storage compartments
– Long aluminum storage tube (original?); good for tent poles, fishing poles, etc.
– All appliance manuals and supplemental information arranged into new owners manual
The Air Conditioning solution is an interior, portable: we opted not to install a roof-top AC unit (because of the awful aesthetics), and instead installed inlet/outlet ports in the cabin to support a portable AC with dual exhaust, which would be placed in front of the wall heater in the summer. This maintains the sleek vintage look and eliminates the ugly appliance and excess weight on the roof for the other 9 months of the year. It has minimal impact on interior space and is very quiet. It is an 11,000 BTU unit and will be included with the sale.
19 ft overall. 16 ft cabin. Sleeps 4
3000 lbs GVW
Asking $28,000. Delivery possible.
Please contact me with any questions
Other Similar Ad Listings
Using The Classifieds
Buying or selling an Airstream? We can help. The AIR classifieds are free and offered as a membership benefit. Any AIR member may post an ad at no cost. Our c...
If you are using our classifieds to buyer please take a moment to read this article for Tips, FAQs and other resources to assist your shopping experience.Tips f...
Tips for Sellers: Prepare your rig for sale. Clean it, take photos, locate all the paperwork and set a price. AIR is not an auction site (like e-bay) but r...