- Year: 1961
- Make: Airstream
- Model: Safari
- Length: 22
- Condition: Excellent
- Country: United States
- State or Province: Washington
- City: Sedro Woolley
- Zip/Postal Code: 98284
- Type of Sale: Private Seller (Individual)
- Listed: May 23, 2019 4:49 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: stevekenady
- Member Since: August 28, 2016
Other items listed by stevekenady
- No other ads by this poster found.
This trailer is not a fixer upper or a project trailer. It’s all done. This elegant classic is ready to go boondocking with solar panels, 45 gallons of fresh water and everything you need to camp off the grid in comfort.
Appraised at 47,500 in 2017 (available on request) before the 200 watt Zamp Flexi solar panels, the trailer has under gone both restoration and renovation over several years. A professional boat builder restored the original varnished oak cabinetry, added a frosted glass bathroom bi fold door, and retractable bed head board.
A commercial rv shop installed a new grey water tank and converted the original waste valve system to modern specifications. New axle, wheels, brakes and drums were installed along with pex plumbing and a new water tank. A new awning was added in the original pole style in a zippered sleeve. Window hardware was replaced as needed.
Every effort was made to retain the original character of the trailer. The Dometic gas fridge, 3 burner range with oven, bath tub and sink were refurbished in their original pink color. Upgrades such as the solar panels and charging system, new interior AGM batteries, new Xantrex inverter, new water heater, and furnace are hardly noticeable and do not detract from original design.
The front window rock guard was replaced with clear Lexan. Besides letting in more light when in the closed position, it allows the tow vehicle driver to see clear through the trailer with the inside rear view mirror. Great to view following traffic.
The outside is polished, re caulked and looks terrific. It has a haze in the lower front panels as testimony to countless miles of travel. I decided to leave that as is.
A summary of significant features and improvements includes;
• Polished and re caulked exterior
• 2 Zamp Flexi 100 watt panels with controller
• Solid sub floor and frames
• Sealed belly pan seams
• Original oak cabinets and layout
• Extended bed and custom headboard
• Custom wardrobe shelving
• New oak dinette table (converts to bunk)
• Original cushions in great shape
• Original Dometic gas fridge
• Original 3 burner stove with oven
• Original sinks and bathtub with shower
• Laminate wood flooring
• Original Ogden Water Purifier
• Custom bifold etched glass bath door
• New “Astrodome” skylight
• New Fan-Tastic fan
• New awning
• Exterior zippered awning storage sleeve
• New grey water tank (8 gal)
• New waste valves
• New Pex plumbing
• New 10 gal Atwood water heater
• New 12v potable water pump
• Replaced original with new Suburban gas furnace
• New 45 gal poly freshwater tank
• New Travel Lite toilet
• Intellipower 9100 converter
• 2 new six volt AGM batteries
• 600 watt AC to DC converter
• New 110 receptacles
• Flat screen TV
• AM – FM Weather radio with CD and Auxiliary
• Furion cable tv inlet
• Furion 110v inlet
• Re built door lock and dead bolt
• New window glass, hardware, and gaskets
• New aluminum window screens
• New “Door in a Door” aluminum screen and Lexan window
• New exterior door gaskets
• New 5000 pound Dexter axle
• New brakes and shocks
• Aluminum Propane tanks
• Tongue mounted spare tire carrier
• All LED exterior and interior lights
• New exterior light fixtures and lenses (Replicas)
The price is firm at 48,500 USD and includes the trailer and accessories PLUS a polished 15 foot Grumman canoe. The tow vehicle is a 2006 4×4 Toyota Sequoia (78,600miles) that could be purchased separately. It is all a perfect package.
Other Similar Ad Listings
Using The Classifieds
Buying or selling an Airstream? We can help. The AIR classifieds are free and offered as a membership benefit. Any AIR member may post an ad at no cost. Our c...
If you are using our classifieds to buyer please take a moment to read this article for Tips, FAQs and other resources to assist your shopping experience.Tips f...
Tips for Sellers: Prepare your rig for sale. Clean it, take photos, locate all the paperwork and set a price. AIR is not an auction site (like e-bay) but r...