- Year: 1957
- Make: Airstream
- Model: Overlander
- Length: 26
- Condition: Great
- Country: United States
- State or Province: Minnesota
- City: Chaska
- Zip/Postal Code: 55318
- Type of Sale: Private Seller (Individual)
- Listed: August 8, 2019 7:53 am
- Expires: 14 days, 20 hours
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: mradtke
- Member Since: April 9, 2019
Other items listed by mradtke
I’ve been rebuilding this iconic trailer for 1.5 years and hate to see this go but my wife found a 30’ Airstream and wants the extra room for our family.
So far I haven’t cut any corners (and not just because there are no corners in an Airstream). Here are some of the steps so far:
• I carefully stripped it down to the studs preserving most of the original parts.
• Removed all the old insulation and 110 wiring, rotten subfloor, and mouse presents
• Put on new tires
• Sanded and coated the metal frame with several coats of rust restoring product and welded supports where needed
• Installed electric jack
• New DryPly subfloor (because I want this floor to last!)
• New wiring and plumbing in progress
• Polished the inside of the door (I know you’re supposed to wait until the end for that reward but I couldn’t resist!)
• Sanded and painted tongue and installed electric jack
• Countless other things.
The shell is in excellent condition for being over 60 years old! No broken windows, funky smells, or frame issues. It’s been a crazy amount of work to get it to this point but it’s a blank canvas ready for all the fun work.
The price is negotiable depending on what you all want included. For example, I have a ton of the original insides and lots of new parts too.
Here is a 360 view I took so I have a reference to the original layout and functionality for if I wanted to reuse all the existing pieces while putting back together: https://firstname.lastname@example.org,-93.5746909,0a,75y,180h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sAF1QipPFTReQNeCNiMVd_x08EbohemrP_Vaq1qeH_MV3!2e10
Call or text me (Michael) if interested:
Other Similar Ad Listings
Using The Classifieds
Buying or selling an Airstream? We can help. The AIR classifieds are free and offered as a membership benefit. Any AIR member may post an ad at no cost. Our c...
If you are using our classifieds to buyer please take a moment to read this article for Tips, FAQs and other resources to assist your shopping experience.Tips f...
Tips for Sellers: Prepare your rig for sale. Clean it, take photos, locate all the paperwork and set a price. AIR is not an auction site (like e-bay) but r...