- Year: 1955
- Make: Airstream
- Model: Cruiser/Overlander
- Length: 26
- Condition: Excellent
- Country: United States
- State or Province: Texas
- City: New Braunfels
- Zip/Postal Code: 78132
- Type of Sale: Private Seller (Individual)
- Phone (Optional): 830-832-6716
- Listed: January 29, 2018 5:40 pm
- Expires: 64 days, 10 hours
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: FLO55
- Member Since: July 15, 2013
Other items listed by FLO55
- No other ads by this poster found.
Completely restored 1955 Airstream. This is the most original 1955 I had seen with the refrigerator, stove, door-in-door, cabinets and all original papers. It came out of Ohio. We modernized it for today’s needs but made sure to keep the character of this beauty. Shell off restoration was completed in 2014 and includes the following. Nothing was left untouched.
– Entire frame given extra metal supports and coated with chassis undercoat paint
-new hitch added
-amazing large dual vintage propane tanks
– Entire double layer of non-rotting flooring added (combination of flooring made from old carpet and another layer of marine grade plywood
– Inside aluminum panels removed, stripped, shined and reinstalled
-Exterior drip edges straightened, new storage compartment added with period correct door from salvage, mudguard added where there had been a dent in front
– Ceramic coating added to interior and new sheets of HVAC insulation added on all exterior walls
– two fresh water tanks and one black water tank added with new exterior fittings
– Black tank cleaner
– all new underbelly
– new space for spare tire underneath created
– new axle
– propane furnace
– instant hot water heater
– water filter
– specialty water filler at sink
– all new plumbing fixtures added while maintaining original sinks. A beautiful stainless steel was created to fit in the original bathroom.
-All new lighting including vintage lights added to the outside for convenience during nighttime hookup situations
-Coleman rooftop airconditioning unit with interior thermostat that also operates the furnace
-All cabinets removed and painted
-Original vents maintained with original fans. Recently resealed. One has window in it.
-All original windows with new cranks
-All new LED specialty lighting. Chandelier and sconces were added in the front. Individual reading sconces added to the back.
-50 amp electrical system with all new components and 50 foot cord
-Storage for dump hose in back bumper. Also has availability to use a macerator
-Storage bunks added to back. Can sleep very small children
-All new upholstery as of 2014 including specialty monogrammed Airstream pillowcases. It has the original gaucho frame but all new foam and upholstery. All beds have new foam and upholstery.
-Professionally designed interior utilizes vintage and new materials including formed wall plastic, thin sheet slate for bathroom and vintage metal tiles in bath. Also utilizes galaxy plastic for backlit shower and kitchen sliding cabinet doors.
-The original fridge and stove work amazingly well and have a charm that you just can’t reproduce.
-addition of microwave
-All new old stock vintage pulls
-Plenty of storage space with a double armoire, and drawers under all beds
-specialty vintage style awning with easy up rope system I created. Also has side drapes for additional style and shade. Black and gray strip outdoor awning material.
-For purists, I do have the original furnace, gas light, sliding cabinet doors, jacks and other misc. items I will include. I also have additional gasket material I will thrown in.
-tires are only about 2 years old and have only been on about 6 short trips
Things that may need a little of attention:
– TV is not working, upon purchase, I can add a new one.
– In certain light the cabinets appear to have different gray tones. Just slightly different mix of paint
– The heat can cause the galaxy plastic to have hazy look. It definitely does not look bad but I will include the remaining I have in case any needs to be replaced at some point.
– Exterior could use a very fine final polish if you want true mirror shine
– Wheels need some deep baby moons or axle covers
You may ask why we are selling this treasure? 4 kids and a 26 ft trailer do not mix! So sad to let this project go in which we put all of our sweat, money and love. We just don’t use it enough to keep it and know somebody else will enjoy it.
If you have ever done a restoration to this extent, you will realize that we are offering an extremely fair deal for a vintage Airstream at its best.
I have several videos I can send you that fully detail the interior and exterior. If you are serious and want these or any additional close up photos, please don’t hesitate to ask!
We really would prefer cash deal. You are responsible for transporting the trailer to its’ new home.
Contact the Seller
You must be logged in to inquire about this ad.Not a Member? Register Now
Other Similar Ad Listings
Using The Classifieds
Buying or selling an Airstream? We can help. The AIR classifieds are free and offered as a membership benefit. Any AIR member may post an ad at no cost. Our c...
If you are using our classifieds to buyer please take a moment to read this article for Tips, FAQs and other resources to assist your shopping experience.Tips f...
Tips for Sellers: Prepare your rig for sale. Clean it, take photos, locate all the paperwork and set a price. AIR is not an auction site (like e-bay) but r...